Sunday, February 21, 2016

Pulled Chicken on a Bun!!

Winter blues, and we tend to get into a cooking rut as we hibernate and wait for nicer weather.  I don't bbq in the winter...I find the propane flame low and without good pressure, I don't like trekking through snow to cook, and my house freezes opening and closing the sliding door.  Bah!  
Just because I don't bbq in the snow, doesn't mean I can't enjoy the same style  cuisine in the kitchen.

Here's my pulled chicken on a bun recipe that's simple easy and tastes great!

Ingredients:
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 10 boneless skinless thighs if you like dark meat and save on cost)
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (I used bullseye original for this)
1-2 oz water
6-8 buns or biscuits

Directions:
1.  Pour half the bbq sauce into a roaster, pot with a lid, or a Dutch oven....anything that has a lid that can go in your oven.

2.  Add 1-2 oz water and stir to thin out bbq sauce

3.  Add chicken and mix around to fully coat

4.  Cover with lid and pop it in the oven at 300°F for 2 hours

5.  After 2 hours, pull out of the oven, and shred the cooked chicken with a couple of forks.  Add the rest of the bbq sauce and stir into shredded chicken.

6.  Toast your buns! 

7.  Pile the shredded chicken onto your toasty buns and enjoy!

For a real treat, I also put some pulled chicken on some biscuits and it was frigging  delicious!I Popeye's biscuits are amazing for this!   Pulled chicken biscuit sliders! 

No comments:

Post a Comment