Sunday, August 8, 2010

hmmm.....blogging?..grilled blue cheese and turkey sandwich!

Well, i always have alot on my mind, and sometimes need to share it....so , i'll try a blog. Will probably contain something about food, since it is my secret passion. Gordon Ramsay is my hero....i'll admit...and would love to meet him one day. Even if he tells me to fuck off....i'll be happy. My television is always on the food network, and I love creating food stuff, despite the mess I make in the kitchen.

I will probably throw up my fav recipes, and food experiences......wait, throw up....doesn't sound right...i will post my fav recipes and food experiences.

speaking of recipes......

Today I made lunch for my girls, which was the ol' favorite grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup for dipping. Of course, there were only 2 pieces of cheese (processed), and i was developing a craving for one myself, once i put the sandwich in the frying pan.

Well, time to get creative....

I'm a blue cheese lover, but can't sit and eat a whole block of the stuff.....so there's usually a little chunk sitting in the fridge, lonely and waiting to be eaten!! AH HA!!!

So I went to work and created...a Grilled Creamy Danish Blue Cheese sandwich with oven roasted turkey and fresh Basil.

Made just like a traditional grilled cheese.....

all you'll need...

butter

2 slices of bread (white is fine in a pinch, try 9 grain of flax!)

oven roasted turkey breast deli meat

fresh basil

Blue Cheese (I used Rosenberg Danish Blue)

Deli Mustard for dipping



Butter 2 slices of bread, and put one slice butter side down in a hot pan

layer 3-4 slices of oven roasted turkey breast deli meat

crumble blue cheese, on top of the turkey meat

trim fresh basil leaves into ribbons, and sprinkle over top of meat and cheese

Put last piece of bread butter side up, on top of layered heaven.

flip your sandwich after 2-3 minutes, or the bread has turned a nice golden brown

continue to cook another 2-3 minutes untill done and golden brown on the other side

Don't burn it, or Satan will whip you with the guts of the undead!!!!



Now, since this is fancy shmancy, You are not allowed to just dip this sucker in ketchup...that is wrong on every level, and will ruin it.

Cut the sandwich in triangles, and dip it in deli mustard!!!! The sharpness of the blue cheese and the tang of the deli mustard come together in your mouth and make you cry while you eat it...tears of joy.

that's it....heavenly fancy grilled blue cheese and turkey !!!!!


Enjoy!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good Mike only for the Blue Cheeze ewwwwwwww. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. substitute the blue cheese with goat cheese...awesome-ness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good start to the blog Mike! i look forward to seeing more postings and more recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy Mike...share some quick but tasty dinner recipes...

    ReplyDelete